Thursday, March 5, 2009

Make a difference !!

I always thought being a missionary meant that you had to devote 2 years of your life in some remote location in the middle of a third world country with no running water etc etc, well you get the picture. If you’re like me the thought of no hairdryer or razor for at least 2 weeks is not that enthralling so imagine going 2 years!

I recently listened to an amazing man and friend share his passion for missionary work. Turns out you can go to the third world countries if that is what you are being called to do but you don’t have to go for 2 years . You can spend a week in that third world country helping to build schools and helping people start their own business.

Also turns out that you can be a missionary in your own back yard and that got me to thinking, how can I make a difference ? The little old lady that can’t mow her yard, the sick that can’t get out to buy groceries to the homeless person that might not get to eat today. What can I do? We sometimes get so wrapped up in our own little world that we fail to realize that there are people in the world, sometime our own neighbours who struggle.

So I ask you. Can you be a missionary? Can you make a difference? I know I can !!

No comments: